Home About us Audio-activi ... team Our Opinion Latest additions News Hi-Fi Music Contacts Blog HiFiMusica (in Italian)
NuPrime Introduces IDA-8, a Single-chassis Ultra Low Noise Integrated Amplifier with DAC and Wireless Port
NuPrime's new Class A+D hybrid amplification technologies deliver the substance and warmth of Class A amplification and the efficiency and speed of Class D technology in a milieu of unmeasurable noise. The IDA-8's spacious, transparent, dynamic and luxuriously textured soundstage has to be heard to be believed.
NuPrime Audio takes pride in introducing the NuPrime IDA-8 Integrated Amplifier, a single-chassis, integrated stereo amplifier with a DAC capable of decoding USB PCM 384 and DSD256 in addition to a 100Wx2 power amplifier in a 8.5” wide chassis.
By utilizing discrete components in NuPrime’s ULCAM circuit, the signal can be fine tuned to reduce noise and provide maximum power. The NuPrime amp circuit improves on traditional class-D design by using a self-oscillating circuit to generate pulse-width modulation. The amplifier switches at a frequency of 600kHz, well beyond the compact disc’s 44.1kHz sampling rate. Most class-D amps switch at 300kHz or lower. In addition, NuPrime’s SRC IC chip provides FPGA processing for ultra-low jitter and distortion rates. Completing the ensemble is NuPrime's new linear power supply with its high-efficiency toroidal transformer for reduced high-frequency noise and strengthened low-frequency performance. The damping effect of the NuPrime isolation feet (patent pending) absorbs and cancels vibrations that degrade audio performance. The overall result is unprecedented transient speed and an almost shocking level of dynamic impact.
The IDA-8’s low noise floor is further complimented by an innovative volume control based on a thin-film resistor design that positions a single resistor in the signal path for each volume setting. Volume changes occur in 99 precise 0.5dB increments for each input’s individually adjustable volume level. Precise level matching is a breeze, as is the user’s ability to make comparisons of music sources.
IDA-8 amplifier switches at a frequency of 600kHz, well beyond the compact disc’s 44.1kHz sampling rate. It achieves Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N) levels of less than 0.005% while achieving a system efficiency of up to 93%. The IDA-8's frequency response to 50 kHz elevates vocals into emotional experiences; similarly, instrumental upper registers mimic a live performance’s shimmering heights.
- Ultra-Linear Class A Module (ULCAM) achieves audiophile-quality sound with Class-D’s dynamics, speed and efficiency
- State-of-the-art DAC supporting USB PCM 384 and DSD256, that is also capable of decoding DoP formats via coaxial and optical inputs
- THD+N lower than 0.005% with a -130dB S/N ratio
- NuPrime SRC IC chip provides FPGA processing with ultra-low jitter and distortion
- NuPrime vibration-free isolation feet (patent pending*)
- Analog line-out (Sub Out), with 3X the standard output power, provides impressive lows and a wide sound stage specifically designed for subwoofers
- Four digital inputs and one stereo input for complete system flexibility
- Extension port for Bluetooth dongle (included) and WiFi audio streaming (optional)
Pricing and Availability
The NuPrime IDA-8 is available worldwide for a suggested retail price of US$995 and shipping on June 22.
- USB Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz and DSD 2.8MHz, 5.6MHz, 11.2MHz
- S/PDIF Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 384KHz (Coaxial)
- Maximum Sampling Rate: 32-bits
- Bit Resolution: 16-32-bits
- Power output: 100W x 2 (8-Ohm)
- THD+N: 0.005%
- SNR = -130dB
- Peak Output Power: 280w
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Dimensions: 235 mm W x 281 mm D x 55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 4.3Kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) With Voltage Select Switch
More info: NuPrime